Red currant, rhubarb & lime
Fruity and sweet with a balance between acidity and sweetness that gives this coffee it’s juicy character. Rich body that is reminiscent of rhubarb jam and the bright acidity of red currant and lime. Awesome and lingering aftertaste!
- COUNTRY •••••••••••••••••••• Kenya
- REGION ••••••••••••••••••••••• Nyeri
- CO-OP •••••••• The Mutheka society
- ALTITUDE •••••••••••••••• 1917 masl.
- PROCESS ••••••••••••••••••• Washed
- VARIETY ••••••••••••• SL-34, SL-28
- CROP YEAR ••••••••••••••••••• 2019
The Muthuaini factory is located in Nyeri, on the southern part of Mt.Kenya. Muthuaini is a Kikuyu phrase meaning a place with many ants.” And indeed, it’s famous for the ants that nearly destroyed everything, including a plantation of sugarcane. However, the area was so fertile and ideal for farming, the residents had no intention of giving it up without a fight, and those ants are mostly now just a memory. At the mill, coffee is fermented in fresh water from the Thuta River and dried in the sun on raised beds. Approximately 550 producers contributed to this coffee.