El Libano is a flavourful, medium bodied coffee with flavour notes of dark caramel,cacao and brown spice like clove, cinnamon and cardamom. Lingering and a sweet aftertaste of dried fruits.
- PRODUCER ••••••Herbert Estuardo Pérez Liquidano
- COUNTRY •••••••••••••••••• Guatemala
- REAGON•••••••••••• Acatenango
- ALTITUDE •••••••••••••••• 1900 masl.
- PROCESS •••••••••••••••••••• Washed and sundried
- VARIETY •••••••••••••••••••• Caturra, Typica, Bourbon
- CROP YEAR •••••••••••••••••••• 2019
Herbert Pérez has run the farm since 1992. Originally, El Libano was part of a larger farm called Finca La Pampa and was purchased by Herbert’s grandfather in 1915. El Libano didn’t start as a coffee farm. In fact, it first cultivated corn, beans and sugarcane. It was in 1940 that coffee was first harvested and twenty years later, the farm purchased a wet mill, built roads and purchased trucks for the farm.
Herbert was able to dedicate himself full time to the farm until the recent leaf rust crisis. This forced him to find a full time job in the local department of agriculture, and rely on his farm manager to maintain the ongoing work. Being a part of the agronomy department however, has enabled Herbert to learn more, which has helped out with improving the farm.